Tequila-Tini’s and Tacos
The decision to eat clean is an active one—an action that involves developing a closer, better relationship with your food. It’s about bringing food back to the basics and find the right flavors to meet your palette and your diet.
Ahi Tuna Taco + Skinny Margarita
Why Ahi Tuna? Tuna is widely known to be rich in protein and Omega-3 fatty acids and it’s packing a lot of flavor.
- To make wonton taco shells – Preheat canola oil in a deep fryer, turkey fryer or a large stock pot to 335° F. Place the shells into a stainless steel taco molder. Submerge the taco molder with wonton shells into oil for 50 seconds or until light golden brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Toss the Asian Slaw with the Lime Vinaigrette in small bowl. Evenly distribute the slaw within the 4 taco shells.
- Toss the diced tuna with the Ahi Tuna Taco Dressing in small bowl until incorporated. Spoon evenly on top of the slaw in each taco.
- Drizzle the Wasabi Lime Avocado Sauce on the tuna on each taco and sprinkle with the sesame seeds, red bell pepper and scallions.
and for the Skinny Margarita…
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, feel free to use a mason jar with a tight fitting lid. To the ice, add the tequila, lime juice, Cointreau, and agave nectar. Agave nectar is a great natural sweetener and perfect substitute for simple syrup that is in a typical margarita. You’ll still get a sweet, but not overly syrup-y cocktail when using the agave nectar.
- Once you have the cocktail ingredients in the shaker, secure the lid tightly and shake vigorously. Immediately pour the margarita into the prepared glasses and enjoy right away while cold.
Chicken Tacos + Tequila-tini
- With a simple spice rub – chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, garlic powder – the chicken is seasoned just right, thrown on the skillet and cooked through completely before dicing them up into bite-size pieces.
- Serve in warmed tortillas with desired toppings – pico de gallo , diced avocado, cilantro and freshly squeezed lime juice
Paired nicely with a tequila-tini…
- Pour 2.5 oz of blanco tequila and .5 oz dry vermouth into a mixing glass and add ice.
- Stir and strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with an lime twist.