Common misconception: you need a waist trainer to slim your waist.
False. Fake news. As you’ve probably heard many times, Waist Trainers don’t do much to help slim your midsection.
Waist Training Resellers use fake benefits to sell their product:
- Improves Posture
- Promotes fat burn
- Strengthens Core
The real truth:
- They damage organs
- Can cause breathing problems
- Can create bruising and numbness
- Promote Acid Reflux
- Show short term fix in clothes
There’s really only two real options that will give you the look you’re going for:
- Spend $6-10K for a fat transfer (not recommended but seems to be popular)
- The MUCH cheaper route; go hard in the gym!
Guide to Real Waist Training
Train your Midsection
Consistently target your abdominals, obliques and lower back. The goal here is to trim fat with crazy burnouts and strength exercises.
Do this routine:
20-30 secs each; 3 sets
- Reverse crunches
- Side planks
- Mountain Climbers
- Raised Leg Circles
- Push up to Lunge
(stability ball crunches)
Expand your Base
Build your hips, abductors and thighs. The goal here is to increase muscle mass.
Do this routine:
12-15 reps; 3 sets
- Cable Hip Extension
- Back Extension
- Barbell Hip Thrust
- Split Squat w/ hand weights
(Resisted Banded Standing Knee Tuck )
Train your Mind
As always, if you’e not eating the right foods and drinking mostly water results will be slow or non existent. If your diet is currently not favorable, you have to work on those mental blockers. Train your mind to treat eating as a necessity and not as an enjoyable activity. Many of us eat when we’re hungry but we also eat for enjoyment. In reality you only need to eat for nourishment. Train your mind to think this way, start to behave this way and everything will line up.
Tips and tricks for healthy eating:
- Drink water only
- Avoid High-Fructose Corn Syrup at all costs
- Limit carb intake (do not completely get rid of)
- When training, ingest high fiber foods such as avocado, broccoli or almonds